In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Failure to publish has already become a problem in sexology, insofar as early studies of the impact of Viagra on women, completed in early 1997, have not yet been published as of the date of this manuscript.
- There are, however, a number of good sexuality-specific Web sites that can provide effective starting points for targeted searches in sexology, of which several are spotlighted below.
- In fact, they are taken from recent sex research, so that I don't convey the message that all the advances are occurring outside sexology.
- Professionals in the newly minted disciplines of the human psyche - sexology, psychology, and psychiatry - increasingly conceived of personality, gender, and sexuality as products of culture and upbringing.
- The book is only marginally about sex, and takes a dour view of sexology, survey research, and Western-influenced sex education.
- In the 1920s, sexology did not constitute a stabilized system.
- Reform-era sexology appropriated the degenerative/regenerative discourse of the natural selection model as a way to establish a new lexicon that would address sexuality more specifically.
- Is sexology on its way to becoming a subsidiary of the pharmaceutical industry?
- In sum, the value of the volume stems not only from its utility as a resource for cross-cultural information about sexuality but also from its role in the cultural history of sexology.
- If sexology loses its independent status, the public will have even fewer places to turn for sexual enlightenment free from commercial or political bias.
- Except she's on her way, not to a sales convention, but a sexology conference in Paris.
- Currently there is less funding but great interest in furthering the study of sexology from a perspective that pays primary attention to the social, cultural, and historical contextualization of sexual behaviors and responses.
- The resulting discussions introduce a way of thinking about sexual experience that bypasses some of sexology's most sacred cows, such as survey data and the debates about gender, orientation, morality, and medical intervention.
- Moreover, many of the categories used in sexology to describe sexual life have been shown not to be universal but highly localized.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.