- Ballybunion, for instance, has 36 holes in the dunes, but 18 of them are great and 18 are such that you couldn't persuade me to play them even with a shillelagh.
- Metaphorically, with the traditional whiskey under his belt and a shillelagh under his arm, he sets the tone of the play and from there it never looks back.
- Our whacking shillelaghs came over their heads,
- You're as likely to get mugged and beaten in Ireland as anywhere else in Western Europe, and rest assured, you won't be beaten with a magical shillelagh.
- I couldn't get a shillelagh, so I used a cane with knots in it instead.
- Incidentally, here's a good place to learn more about your shillelagh.