In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(goods)envío masculineremesa feminineconsignación feminineoverseas shipments — envíos al extranjero masculine
- I must admit; I was not a pleasant person to be around until that next shipment of books came in.
- I can say with certainty that a lot of arms shipments have arrived during this peace period.
- The ban is expected to cause a number of problems, including a delay of two to three months before another shipment can be received.
- The Communist insurgents are waiting on a massive arms shipment in which to topple the current regime.
- We just received our first shipment, since they have resumed production, and they are as beautiful and well made as ever.
- They have ultimate control over when the shipments arrive at a booth and when they are picked up.
- He glanced back and saw the co-pilot looking out over the roads, probably looking to see if they had lost any of their shipment.
- By product, mobile processor shipments increased 13.6 percent and desktop processor shipments climbed 13 percent.
- A few hours after the shipment was delivered the place was stormed commando style.
- In response, the West Coast trucks awaiting that shipment either left empty or sat idly for the two days.
- It is likely he who, with partners, exported a large cloth shipment in 1405.
- He once received a large shipment of American wheat for the kids in Shanti Bhavan.
- The planned nuclear shipment is being opposed by nations along its route, and could be greeted by a flotilla of protest boats in the Irish Sea.
- Listen, I'm going to be in the back cataloging the new shipment that just came in.
- Pharmacists refused to accept shipment of this product because they thought it was impure.
- After passing tests, the milk shipment is transferred from the tankers to six storage silos.
- Yesterday was the day that we were supposed to be getting shipment of the influenza vaccine for the office.
- Marilyn and Roma stood by the shelves working together to put away part of the latest shipment of new books.
- And when wildlife inspectors intercept illegal shipments of endangered and threatened animals, he is the first person called.
- The ban is expected to cause a delay of two to three months before another food shipment can be received.
- The defendants resold part of one shipment of lumber and later complained that the lumber was defective and refused to pay for it.
2(act)ready for shipment — listo para el embarque
- lost in shipment — perdido durante el transporte
- Be sure to provide your street address and phone number for proper shipment.
- Sometimes he finds temporary work, filling in at Biborton when someone is needed to take orders to Dhaka for shipment.
- The lines converge at their ends, where a complete set of seats is palletized and put on a rack for shipment.
- When no such enactment is in force in the country of shipment, Articles 1 to 8 of the Hague Rules shall apply.
- The packing shed used for packing and sorting apples for shipment also houses a small retail area.
- Instead we were invited to proceed to the payments page and enter credit card details for immediate shipment.
- The finished pieces are crated and palletized for shipment by ocean freight.
- This can be at the time of shipment - once it has obtained the transport documents evidencing shipment.
- Most fishing companies take pride in that they do final product inspections prior to shipment.
- There are several ivory carving factories in Douala, and I witnessed large carved tusks being wrapped for shipment to Italy.
- These different market areas in turn imply that the average distance of shipment for different goods will be different.
- All orders must have credit clearance from the Company prior to shipment or delivery.
- All are being marketed to seed companies for application to seed before shipment to retailers.
- These parts are usually assigned a lower priority, which often causes them to be delayed in shipment.
- Some orders are stacked onto wheeled carts before shipment for ease of delivery in stores.
- The fastest possible shipment would require five days and the use of three planes.
- I'm sure that there are going to be some advantages for exporters and shipment businesses.
- The bananas grown for export are suitable for being picked when only two-thirds ripe, and continue to ripen during shipment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.