In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(para hacer camisas) tela feminine
- Examples include most bed, kitchen and bath linens, shirting, denim, poplin and other similar goods.
- The company also released a new cotton/linen shirting blend.
- The small size also allows us to observe textural differences, such as the distinction between wool gabardine and cotton shirting, without the substances becoming unduly associative.
- Striped seersucker and oxford-cloth shirting lend a tailored look to a window, making it suitable for a room where froufrou just won't do.
- The cotton shirtings with their muted colours are a terrific buy for the summer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.