In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manga de camisa feminine
- Jamie rolled up his shirtsleeves to his elbows and gave a small sigh, rubbing his head again.
- Still, there is nothing like old fashioned grassroots support, the kind that makes you roll-up-your shirtsleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Thus, a miller in apron and shirtsleeves would not be confused with a magistrate in frock coat, knee breeches, and silk stockings.
- His blue shirtsleeves were rolled up to his elbows and his bandanna was jaunty about his neck.
- These men with weather beaten faces and broad shoulders went about their business quietly, their shirtsleeves rolled up over their muscular forearms.
- Jude entered the room, rolling his shirtsleeves up to his elbows as he always did, ‘What's that, you say?’
- If long-sleeved shirts are worn, the sleeves of the jacket should cover the shirtsleeves.
- ‘I'm sorry, I'm such a disgrace,’ Sam sobbed into her brother and her hands clung to his shirtsleeves.
- Flapping his hands out of the capacious shirtsleeves, he brought them to his mouth, paused another instant, and then piped out: ‘Release!’
- He's visibly agitated, gesturing with passion, darting looks out the window, and adjusting his monogrammed shirtsleeves as he searches for his words.
- All the photographs show him in an apron and shirtsleeves, surrounded by his paintings, with the television (a black-and-white set) and the radio both on at the same time.
- He pockets his cuff links, then briskly, with a snapping sound, rolls his shirtsleeves to his elbows.
- He looked exhausted and frantic, his shirtsleeves rolled up to his elbows and little beads of sweat on his forehead.
- He removed his cuff links and placed them on the table next to the decanter and folded back the cuffs of his shirtsleeves before picking up his whisky glass once more.
- Become part of the team, roll up the shirtsleeves, and be prepared to get dirt on your hands.
- Her hands are all red now, and her shirtsleeves too.
- For prices ranging from five dollars to 50, young women lift skin-tight tops and men roll up their shirtsleeves to get their bodies inked with temporary tattoos, which last several weeks.
- Ben took off his coat so that he could sit at table in white shirtsleeves, waistcoat and silk string tie.
- The edge of his gauntlets show beneath the edge of his shirtsleeves, flashing as he walks in time with the bracers that cling to his shins and over his feet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.