In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In reality the rider's body acts as a shock absorber, or buffer, between the lance and horse.
- In general, the purpose of the plantar fascia is twofold - to provide support of the longitudinal arch and to serve as a dynamic shock absorber for the foot and entire leg.
- Each of the four main units has a six wheel bogie with two wheels forward and four wheels rear of the shock absorber.
- When a conventional mechanical spring with a conventional shock absorber encounters a bump in the road it is driven by the laws of nature - the hand of God himself - and responds immediately.
- Among other things, it also functions as a spacer, as a shock absorber, and as a motion unit.
- A rope grab fits over the lifeline, and a lanyard - another short, heavy rope with the shock absorber attached - runs from the rope grab to the harness.
- But the drop-off in imports is acting like a shock absorber, because much of the fallout from weaker demand is being felt by foreign producers, not the U.S. economy.
- A damper is a little shock absorber mounted horizontally on the blade support that allows the blade to lead and lag.
- With an MR shock absorber, you can control the vibrations that cause one floor to shift relative to the next floor.
- This population of small growing companies acts as a shock absorber for the economy as a whole.
- The meniscus functions as a shock absorber and weight distributor in the knee joint.
- He noted a leaking shock absorber, a broken exhaust front pipe bracket, a broken rear light, a broken rear brake light and a ripped windscreen wiper.
- It acts like a shock absorber under the carpet.
- The tail wheel was provided with a hydraulic shock absorber and a swiveling lock to keep it aligned in flight.
- This speed it eliminated in the landing contact of the blade (we hope) with the ice and in the action of the landing blade, boot, and leg acting as a shock absorber.
- Another 20 will go on September 15 and then there will be 140 compulsory redundancies on September 29, when the last shock absorber will be made.
- The vertical shock absorber struts attached to the front wing spars below the engine nacelles.
- The supporters of a flexible Canadian dollar exchange rate suggest it is an adjustment mechanism - a shock absorber needed to cushion us from the blows of commodity price volatility.
- The disc has ability to absorb water and swell, acting like a shock absorber.
- It functions both as a shock absorber, cushioning the blow when the bones in the shoulder collide, and as part of the joint's connective structure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.