In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Last year the shock jock made a racist joke so offensive that he was fired from his job.
- Podcasting has the makings of an audio version of the blog phenomenon, allowing anyone with a microphone and a PC to become a shock jock.
- The Adelaide shock jock admits he broke the law - but he is back on air.
- Not quite a shock jock, the rising star nevertheless made a virtue of brimming confidence and a big mouth.
- Having once been sued by a commercial radio shock jock, he is well across the various rules governing the conduct of licensed radio stations.
- Should the shock jock have lost his weekly cable show?
- The shock jock leaves the FM radio station today for satellite broadcast.
- And the radio shock jock has built his career based on the government's repeated decision not to go after him for ‘indecency.’
- Red faces tonight for one Minister and her staff who sent some fanmail to the breakfast show shock jock, but sent it to the wrong radio station.
- A syndicated shock jock radio team fired for a stunt two years ago has a new gig.
- Are the shock jock fodder really pretending that Australia could not cope with thousands more refugees?
- This ‘dinner from hell’ brings home for her the ‘reality that the shock jock ethic of AM radio was no longer simply a ratings game, but a party game.’
- The shock jock's act is premised on greater honesty: I say the things everyone else is thinking, he says, and by daring to say them I am the more honest man.
- Tonight, the shock jock has taken his show to satellite radio.
- I have not been able to find a single left-leaning shock jock on British radio.
- This is a shock jock whose opinions are at odds with a media brand that prides itself on diversity.
- He chose a shock jock as his mouthpiece because they have a licence to rant.
locutor que busca entretener o tratar temas polémicos siendo provocador u ofensivo con las personas que llaman a su programa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.