In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1electrochoque masculineelectroshock masculine
- Subjected to two years of shock therapy treatment, it left her facing a life of mental problems and hospital stays.
- Such language covers a multitude of practices illegal under international law, from holding prisoners indefinitely to physical violence such as electric shock treatment.
- Oh, and the doctors would also have to perform lobotomies and give electric shock treatment.
- Most of the prisoners - arrested since anti-war demonstrations began in mid-January - have been tortured by the use of electric shock treatment and repeated beatings.
- When she returns home, Mabel announces that she received shock treatment every day in hospital.
- She had become increasingly depressed and had undergone every type of treatment from anti-depressant drugs to electric shock treatment.
- I'd had the straight-laced Freudian type, the holistic type and the latest one had been a nut for solving things with shock therapy.
- Insulin shock therapy inducing seizures by the lowering of blood sugar was used with some success in schizophrenics.
- As if that weren't disturbing enough, it seems that electroconvulsive therapy - better known as shock treatment - is making a comeback.
- It is absolutely true that there is a move back towards or electric shock treatment.
- The treatments comprised straightjackets, seclusion, insulin shock and electric shock treatment, that was it.
- Crazy John is to receive shock therapy or counselling for mental illness.
- He received electric shock treatment on a number of occasions and it was while he was in a mental institution, shortly after receiving electric shocks, that he suffered a heart attack and died.
- Drugs and electric shock treatment are overused and non-psychotic patients are drawn into hospital work forces.
- A former teacher died within hours of being given electric shock treatment to help treat her mental illness.
- Electric shock treatment (cardio version) under sedation is also occasionally used to stop an episode of SVT.
- I didn't know the words for electro-convulsive shock therapy, but I don't think that would have helped.
- After my mother's last episode, which was especially long and terrible, the psychiatrist suggested shock therapy.
- The Orphanage was later converted and became a Lunatic Asylum - home to the insane and an electronic shock treatment facility.
- I suppose I was on three weeks of shock treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.