1limpiabotas femininelustrabotas feminine South Americabolero masculine Mexicobolera feminine Mexicoembolador masculine Colombiaemboladora feminine Colombia
- I never heard a shoeblack called a boot-finisher before, but I think the euphemism was allowable in a young lady who wishes to exalt the commercial status of her intended.
- One's senses were assaulted by news vendors, shoeblacks, quack doctors and the like and their specimens of cajolery.
- Unemployment is high and many people support themselves with badly paid work in the ‘informal sector’ as shoeblacks or street vendors.
- We see shoeblacks and lamplighters with their tools and utensils; and milkmaids, fruit sellers and prostitutes touting their wares.
- Two seemingly harmless and careless shoeblacks turn out to be gloomy crooks with a dirty plan to rob a bank courier.