1(polish)could I have a shoeshine? — ¿me bolea los zapatos? Mexico
- He worked at a local steel mill, was a gas station attendant, a store clerk and a shoeshine boy.
- As a child he sold peanuts on street corners and eked out a hand-to-mouth existence as a shoeshine boy on the poverty-stricken streets of Sao Paulo.
- Later, when asked what had prompted him to sell, he said it was when the shoeshine boys on the streets were telling him what shares to buy.
- As a shoeshine boy in the French Quarter, he begged paint and brushes from local street artists, which led him to his vocation.
- No one wants an overpriced shoeshine and he must feel he's losing a certain sale because he begins to shine Ames shoes, even though she said no.
- The setting is one of abject poverty and misery, yet the upbeat caption tells us that even victims of disaster need a good shoeshine.
- Except shoeshine boys are generally smarter than editors, and will usually get out first.
- I might remain something like a shoeshine boy for the rest of my life.
- It's the shoeshine boy again, still young enough to expect fun on the job.
- Toledo was the country's first president of self-identified indigenous descent, a one-time shoeshine boy who had gone on to earn a doctorate in education at Stanford.
- The heavily made-up young woman knelt before prison administrators, giving them free shoeshines.
- I was most beautifully stitched up by a shoeshine man at the famous Galata Bridge in Istanbul on the calm morning before the storm of Wednesday night.
- Once your shoe is completely dry, use the shoeshine brush to meticulously wipe off the polish.
- Here was the corner where he used to work as a shoeshine boy outside a parlour known as the Shoeshine King: ‘There was a man used to give us 50 cents and one used to give us a dollar.’
- Even the shoeshine boys spoke half a dozen languages, from Greek and Turkish to Ladino (Judeo-Spanish).
- How credible would my list be if I didn't list shoes after I just finished urging you to get a shoeshine kit?
2also shoeshine boy
US(polisher)limpiabotas masculinelustrabotas masculine South Americabolero masculine Mexicoembolador masculine Colombia