In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculine tiroteofeminine balacera Latin Americamasculine baleo Chiletirosdisparos
- Police are continuing to investigate potential links with a number of other gangland style shootings.
- Incidents involving police shootings of these individuals have led to inquiry after inquiry.
- You've been practicing your shooting in here again, haven't you?
- The number of shootings of civilians is skyrocketing.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation officials are investigating both shootings as hate crimes.
- Eight of the fatal shootings have occurred in Dublin, while two have taken place in Limerick.
- Officers found a juvenile who witnessed the shooting, but they would not elaborate.
- Today, school shootings are occurring at an alarming frequency.
- The parking lot where the shooting happened is an open, public, unsecured area.
- The drive-by shooting began much earlier than her nephew thought.
- Numerous school shootings occurred in the 1980s and 1970s.
- Throughout the invasion and occupation there has been torture, dawn raids and shootings of civilians.
- And with that he walked away through the crowd that had gathered to practice their shooting.
- A difficult wait for a community very concerned about an unexplained fatal shooting of one of its citizens, and that wait over tomorrow.
- ‘This shooting could have had fatal consequences,’ he said.
- The live firing practices included rapid-fire shoots enabling reconnaissance members to practice accurate instinctive shooting.
- Police classified the incident as a random drive-by shooting.
- Many people witness the shooting but no one does anything to confront the militiamen.
- But it is understood that two reported shootings in the area are connected with the growing drugs trade.
- And what led to this fatal shooting of an airline passenger?
1.2masculine asesinatomasculine fusilamiento
- Cowboy shooting is taking the country by storm.
- As Britain's largest country sports organisation, BASC is committed to providing training in the safe use of guns to young people interested in taking up the sport of shooting.
- Fish shooting is a sport in Vermont and every spring, hunters break out their artillery and head to the marshes to exercise their right to shoot fish.
- A gamekeeper who works for a private estate in the valley said other country sports like fishing and shooting were threatened if a ban was introduced.
- The association says grouse shooting conserves both the birds and the heather.
- Cowboy action shooting doesn't have a lot of negatives about it.
- Gary added: ‘The air weapons section is growing and we hope to be a competitive force in the sport of shooting.’
- Field sports, including shooting, stalking and fishing, have long been an integral part of life in Scotland and many disciplines are synonymous with the country itself.
- Weightlifting and even sports such as fencing and shooting may also have cause for concern.
- At one time, I felt the socializing aspect of cowboy shooting should be played down.
- The inaugural games of the modern Olympics, held in Athens in 1896, included shooting, and the sport has been part of the Commonwealth Games since 1966.
- For the more active there is an adjacent 18 hole golf course and other outdoor pursuits such as archery and clay pigeon shooting are possible in the grounds.
- More than an antique gun club, cowboy action shooting is a sport devoted to preserving the styles and ideals as well as the weapons of the Old West.
- My friend did some skeet shooting from various stands, I guess you call them.
- He had a great interest in sport, especially fishing, boxing, coursing shooting and soccer.
- We expected medals in hockey, tennis, long jump and shooting.
- He told me he also enjoys trap and skeet shooting with his daughters.
- In fact, gun ownership or enjoyment of sport shooting doesn't seem to be tied to wealth or social class at all.
- Many of these competitors began the sport of shooting with air guns bought from local shops.
- Do not expect to feel up to a little grouse shooting when you disembark.
2.2British (land)coto de caza masculinevedado de caza masculine
3Cinemarodaje masculinefilmación feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.