In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculine tiroteofeminine balacera Latin Americamasculine baleo Chilemasculine tirosmasculine disparos
- And what led to this fatal shooting of an airline passenger?
- Police classified the incident as a random drive-by shooting.
- You've been practicing your shooting in here again, haven't you?
- ‘This shooting could have had fatal consequences,’ he said.
- A difficult wait for a community very concerned about an unexplained fatal shooting of one of its citizens, and that wait over tomorrow.
- The parking lot where the shooting happened is an open, public, unsecured area.
- But it is understood that two reported shootings in the area are connected with the growing drugs trade.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation officials are investigating both shootings as hate crimes.
- Throughout the invasion and occupation there has been torture, dawn raids and shootings of civilians.
- Police are continuing to investigate potential links with a number of other gangland style shootings.
- And with that he walked away through the crowd that had gathered to practice their shooting.
- Many people witness the shooting but no one does anything to confront the militiamen.
- The number of shootings of civilians is skyrocketing.
- Numerous school shootings occurred in the 1980s and 1970s.
- The live firing practices included rapid-fire shoots enabling reconnaissance members to practice accurate instinctive shooting.
- The drive-by shooting began much earlier than her nephew thought.
- Officers found a juvenile who witnessed the shooting, but they would not elaborate.
- Eight of the fatal shootings have occurred in Dublin, while two have taken place in Limerick.
- Today, school shootings are occurring at an alarming frequency.
- Incidents involving police shootings of these individuals have led to inquiry after inquiry.
1.2masculine asesinatomasculine fusilamiento
- My friend did some skeet shooting from various stands, I guess you call them.
- Cowboy shooting is taking the country by storm.
- He had a great interest in sport, especially fishing, boxing, coursing shooting and soccer.
- Weightlifting and even sports such as fencing and shooting may also have cause for concern.
- He told me he also enjoys trap and skeet shooting with his daughters.
- As Britain's largest country sports organisation, BASC is committed to providing training in the safe use of guns to young people interested in taking up the sport of shooting.
- We expected medals in hockey, tennis, long jump and shooting.
- Many of these competitors began the sport of shooting with air guns bought from local shops.
- Gary added: ‘The air weapons section is growing and we hope to be a competitive force in the sport of shooting.’
- In fact, gun ownership or enjoyment of sport shooting doesn't seem to be tied to wealth or social class at all.
- The inaugural games of the modern Olympics, held in Athens in 1896, included shooting, and the sport has been part of the Commonwealth Games since 1966.
- The association says grouse shooting conserves both the birds and the heather.
- For the more active there is an adjacent 18 hole golf course and other outdoor pursuits such as archery and clay pigeon shooting are possible in the grounds.
- At one time, I felt the socializing aspect of cowboy shooting should be played down.
- Field sports, including shooting, stalking and fishing, have long been an integral part of life in Scotland and many disciplines are synonymous with the country itself.
- Fish shooting is a sport in Vermont and every spring, hunters break out their artillery and head to the marshes to exercise their right to shoot fish.
- More than an antique gun club, cowboy action shooting is a sport devoted to preserving the styles and ideals as well as the weapons of the Old West.
- A gamekeeper who works for a private estate in the valley said other country sports like fishing and shooting were threatened if a ban was introduced.
- Cowboy action shooting doesn't have a lot of negatives about it.
- Do not expect to feel up to a little grouse shooting when you disembark.
2.2British (land)coto de caza masculinevedado de caza masculine
3Cinemarodaje masculinefilmación feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.