In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tirador masculinetiradora feminine
- It began with an aluminum alloy frame, barrel shroud and yoke, which is a remarkable feat of engineering skill, but knowledgeable shootists have been expecting something like this for years.
- The unimpeachable morality and impeccable conduct of the shootist who never killed anyone still captures imaginations today.
- In many respects the modern shootist has many things in common with the brush popper of the past.
- Knowledgeable shootists realize the value of a large-frame revolver and have mourned the loss of this full figured six-gun ever since.
- One of their sponsors is a store catering to shootists, and the ad offers ‘machine gun rentals.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.