In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1empleado de tienda masculineempleada de tienda feminine
- The sad reality is that many shopworkers now consider abuse as ‘part of the job’, as it happens regularly, often daily, in many shops and stores.
- Another shopworker in the village said: ‘This is quite awful, my boyfriend is in the RAF and you are left wondering if the people who have died are friends' husbands or other people you might know.’
- Carol Riddle, 52, a shopworker, said: ‘I know most of my colleagues voted BNP.’
- It is alleged he's threatened to kill some shopworkers.
- Trisha Staerck, crime reduction officer at Witham police station, said it was an attempt to reduce retail crime in the town and to make shopworkers and customers feel safer.
- A campaign to stem the rising levels of violence and verbal abuse facing shopworkers has been backed by Leigh MP Andy Burnham.
- He said: ‘I am appalled by the number of incidents of violence and abuse that shopworkers have to deal with on practically a daily basis.’
- Police have issued an appeal for three witnesses who may be able to provide clues to the abduction and assault of a Sheffield shopworker.
- The North Yorkshire Police inquiry has spread across the country since the 19-year-old shopworker was last seen by her parents, Brian and Ann Nicholl, on June 30 at the family home in Richmond.
- Holidaying couples, shopworkers and commuters are making parking for Feltham residents a nightmare, but after two years of waiting, residents have banded together to call for action.
- That is the kind of Christmas Day that we want for Britain's 2.6 million shopworkers.
- In October another shopworker was subjected to a similar ordeal by a knife-wielding raider.
- Police were today hunting a robber who threatened a shopworker and escaped with a ‘substantial’ sum of cash.
- Although detectives were aware that the shopworker was in immediate danger, they did not know why he was being targeted.
- Shopworkers want to be with their families at this time of year, not stuck behind some checkout.
- Violence against shopworkers rose substantially last year, according to a new report.
- A young shopworker's fear that she could not provide for her unborn baby drove her to crime, York magistrates heard.
- The bonuses can vary from a few hundred pounds for a shopworker to several thousand for a head office manager.
- Mr Nicholl, 48, yesterday urged his daughter's wide circle of friends to come forward with any information that could yield vital clues about the 19-year-old shopworker.
- So when you go shopping on a Saturday, spare a thought for the shopworkers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.