In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(bill/stock) a corto plazo
- Global financial turbulence worked to the advantage of the U.S. credit market, with short-dated Treasuries performing strongly.
- The traditional safe havens of gold and the Swiss franc rose slightly, as did short-dated bonds in some markets, but the foreign exchange markets were generally quiet in the absence of Tokyo, which was closed for a national holiday.
- Bond traders believe the fall in the yield in short-dated bonds to record lows last week indicates that a half-point cut to 3% is imminent.
- There's typically been extra yield available for securities with maturities of about 13 months, deemed too long-dated for money-market investors and too short-dated for bond fund managers, the bank said in a research note.
- If you have spare premiums or short-dated stock, please contact us now.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.