In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(flight) corto(flight) de corto recorrido(route) de vuelos cortos
- Then, it was announced that he had sold a half-stake in his Australian short-haul airline, Virgin Blue, for around £96m.
- In short-haul markets, ‘Southwest is generally able to charge slightly higher average fares,’ it says.
- British Airways came first for business travel and international short-haul journeys, while Virgin Atlantic scored highest for long-haul trips.
- Increasing the number of long-haul destinations would be a good idea because short-haul holidays are often bought at the last minute.
- Some carriers depend on frequent short-haul flights which nobody wants to go on at the moment.
- He points out that road congestion is already hurting haulage and rail and shipping is now identified as a cheaper short-haul option for cargo.
- Many of the cuts will come on short-haul routes with high frequencies.
- High speed rail links should be developed as an alternative to short-haul flights.
- So why did we not just pull out of the short-haul market completely?
- Over the next two months Aer Lingus will remove all booking restrictions on its short-haul routes to increase flexibility for passengers.
- South Korean flag carrier Korean Air said yesterday it may set up a low-cost carrier for short-distance international routes amid an expected raise in competition over short-haul travel within the region.
- It also encompasses the short-haul European services run from the regional airports.
- It has also reorganised its European short-haul routes in response to severe competition.
- I knew very little about the place when I headed there in August, except that Britain's Guardian newspaper had voted it the number-one short-haul holiday destination for 2004.
- We should demand a massive expansion of environmentally-friendly rail transport and a savage reduction in short-haul air traffic, and no airport expansion anywhere in Europe.
- A managed to hitch a ride on a short-haul cargo plane full of sugar heading down to Barbados but couldn't stand the whole flight in such cramped, however sweet, conditions.
- The dispute by controllers in France, Italy, Portugal, Greece and Hungary will affect short-haul flights and services that fly over those countries.
- The fleet would comprise a large passenger jet, a smaller jet capable of travelling long distances and two short-haul aircraft.
- Under the new rules, those having to wait longer than two hours for a short-haul flight and four hours for a long-haul one will be able to get their money back.
- He said the 24 short-haul routes launched since January 2004 were profitable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.