In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de manga corta
- Business clothing for men is a short-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers of lightweight fabric.
- The kid was scrawny and tall with a necktie way too small and a short-sleeved dress shirt that was way too big.
- He wore a short-sleeved, light-coloured shirt and dark jeans or trousers.
- She wore a clean brown vest and a short-sleeved sky-blue blouse, neither of which Dolan had seen before in his life.
- He was wearing a cream baseball cap, white short-sleeved shirt and blue jeans.
- Guys had to wear a short-sleeved purple shirt with a black tie, black pants, and black dress shoes.
- Wearing jeans and a short-sleeved shirt, David Gibson spoke only to give the court his name, address and date of birth.
- His green short-sleeved top and leggings were torn at the elbow joints and sleeves.
- On the day of the murder he was wearing a short-sleeved shirt and dark trousers.
- He was about seventy, with suspenders over a short-sleeved shirt and a lopsided bow tie.
- It was a pinstriped waistcoat with a collar and short-sleeved shirt.
- He wore a light leather jacket on top of a short-sleeved white shirt and baggy brown pants.
- She had shiny, blonde hair and wore a navy blue sweater vest over a white, short-sleeved blouse along with a matching skirt.
- For modesty, a petticoat and short-sleeved blouse are worn underneath.
- He is wearing a short-sleeved dress shirt and I can see the scab on his elbow.
- He is wearing a black t-shirt with a short-sleeved shirt over the top unbuttoned completely.
- Hanging for display over a rack full of garments was a thin, short-sleeved pullover shirt.
- Recommended shirts include long or short-sleeved T-shirts, tank tops and camisoles.
- He's looking very casual in a black short-sleeved shirt and jeans.
- He was wearing dark trousers, a white short-sleeved shirt and black shoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.