In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1they/we were short-staffed — les/nos faltaba personal
- It may be worth getting to know what recruitment resources are at your disposal even if you aren't short-staffed currently.
- Childcare centres are too short-staffed to adequately educate young Tasmanian children, says an international speaker on education.
- Harborview can't find the nursing and support personnel to handle the patient load it has now; it's chronically short-staffed.
- We knew we weren't supposed to do it, but we did it because we were short-staffed and it was the only way to get the rounds done on time.
- We expressed sympathy for her being short-staffed on such a busy night, and she asked if we liked free stuff.
- We don't want to cause disruption to the public but we are short-staffed and our pay rise wasn't good and people are upset.
- We have been short-staffed at work because people keep going on holiday.
- In Arizona, officials say, more than a hundred prison guards are serving overseas, leaving their already crowded prisons badly short-staffed.
- So everyone was very stressed, a bit short-staffed.
- If some commuters cannot get in then some employers will find themselves short-staffed.
- Although officially retired in 2001, Mrs Cullen regularly taught lessons at the school when the school was short-staffed.
- What does the future hold for us when we don't feel safe because we never see police in the area but a dozen officers can sit in a hall for three hours while complaining they are short-staffed?
- Other essential services are also short-staffed.
- The business of health care combined with staff turnover and being short-staffed can affect a perioperative nurse's morale.
- Occasionally when we are short-staffed we have to pull people away from monitoring.
- In August, we were very busy because it was so hot but we were short-staffed because a lot of people were off on holiday.
- We were so short-staffed at points that senior management were often doing the duties of junior prison officers.
- Eventually she became exhausted from the long hours at the short-staffed school.
- The midwife said jokingly they were quite short-staffed so they were glad I didn't give birth in the hospital.
- It also revealed that the Clyde-based agency was short-staffed on the day of the tragedy last July.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.