In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1short-stay car park — aparcamiento para períodos cortos masculine Spain
- short-stay accommodation — alojamiento por poco tiempo
- short-stay patients — pacientes hospitalizados por poco tiempo
- The 24 first-floor beds will be dedicated to short-stay patients undergoing orthopaedic and surgical treatment.
- As opposed to the usual hotel rooms, which are devoid of kitchen facilities, as serviced apartments, the accommodation in Sunshine Vista is designed for long-stay as well as short-stay residents.
- The challenges facing plans for coastal health services include a fast-growing population whose characteristics include a significant number of older residents and a large number of tourists and short-stay visitors.
- It will focus on sub-acute care and surgical short-stay patients, in a partnership with Vancouver General Hospital.
- The 43-bed Rosepark nursing home, which is privately owned, has short-stay and long-stay residents and offers day care, respite care and care of the terminally ill and people with mental conditions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.