In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuento masculinenarración corta femininerelato breve masculinebefore noun short-story writer — cuentista feminine
- Jancar's work includes novels, short stories, theatre plays, film scripts and essays.
- Before coming to Hollywood he was well known for several novels and short stories, and a play.
- Too often, what we're getting these days are short pieces of fiction and not short stories.
- She completed over 100 novels, twelve collections of short stories, and three plays.
- Later, it comes out in the form of a short story or a novel and that is the best way for a writer to react.
- When she is writing poetry she will devour novels, biographies and short stories.
- You can talk about great novels, short stories, movies, or urban legends about the subject.
- When I write I always send my novels or even short stories to three or four other writers.
- He has since written short stories, a novella, novels and even a thriller set in the Pacific.
- Here, however, is a brief summary of the history of the short story as conceived by our literary masters.
- I even put chapters inside the short stories to give convenient stopping points.
- Lots of writers use the short story to develop a scene from a greater, future work.
- If I want to include a dead celebrity as a character in a short story or novel what is stopping me from doing so?
- Like writing a novel or a short story or a poem, songwriting is the art of telling a story.
- The first work of mine to be published in a book wasn't a short story or a novel.
- I want to imagine you not having a life other than writing novels and comics and short stories and films!
- His short stories and novels continue to delight and entrance readers all over the world.
- Maupassant's short stories raised the art of story telling to a pitch rarely equalled.
- Was it difficult for you to be shopping around a book of short stories as your first book?
- She then took an office job to help her get by while she wrote short stories, novels and poems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.