In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(tipo de masa para empanadas, tartas etc) pasta quebradiza feminine
- Different pastries perform different functions, but whether it is puff, shortcrust or filo, first impressions count.
- Line a large 9-inch pie plate or flan dish with shortcrust pastry, oatmeal pastry or potato.
- If good shortcrust had been used instead of filo, the same ingredients could have shone.
- Arrange the prunes on top and cover with shortcrust pastry.
- Organic fillings range from smoked haddock to sausages in onion gravy or simply traditional pork encased in good crumbly shortcrust pastry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.