In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Supplies of white flour, granulated sugar, and cheap shortening such as margarine all helped to make cake baking popular.
- Place chocolate and shortening in the top half of a double boiler or in a metal bowl that has been placed on top of a saucepan filled with hot water.
- When dry, polish with a small amount of shortening on a paper towel.
- Trans-unsaturated fatty acids, or trans fats, are artificially produced solid fats used in shortening and margarine, baked goods, and the oils used to cook French fries and other fast food.
- Mix the suet and vegetable shortening with some of the flour.
- Researchers also added different amounts of ascorbic acid, salt, sugar, milk, water, and vegetable shortening, along with active dry yeast.
- Fried seafood gets poor scores because most restaurants do their frying in hydrogenated vegetable shortening, not vegetable oil.
- In a stock pot, melt the lard or shortening over medium heat.
- Use Shari's organic pumpkin filling and a prepared whole-wheat crust, or make your own using non-hydrogenated shortening in your traditional recipe.
- Cut the butter and shortening into small pieces, and drop onto flour.
- I gathered up all of the ingredients for two batches of dough: flour, vegetable shortening, active dry yeast, eggs, sugar, and a bit of salt.
mantequilla, margarina, manteca etc que se utiliza para hacer masa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.