1(soon)dentro de pocohe'll be leaving shortly for Paris — saldrá en breve para París formal
- I'll be with you shortly — enseguida estoy con usted
- shortly before/after midnight — poco antes/después de la medianoche
- Vandalism has increased and trees have been broken shortly after being planted.
- Police and paramedics were called to Woollin Avenue shortly after 3pm on Sunday.
- Mrs Kumar added that crime scene investigators were at the scene of the attack shortly after the police were called.
- I had tried a number of times to get back into writing shortly after the funeral but I soon gave up.
- A Thames Valley Police spokesman said the girl was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after the crash.
- When it was removed by a specialist team shortly after 9.30 pm, the wall was reduced to rubble.
- Police had arrived shortly before 3pm, following a prior arrangement with the rock star.
- Miss Mitcham said four masked men burst through a locked door shortly before 9pm on a night in October.
- Again and again we saw those pictures of the television presenter shopping in London shortly before her death.
- Police and paramedics were called to the scene shortly after midnight.
- An eyewitness had seen the man playing with the two children shortly before the abduction and did not think he was a threat to them.
- But Mr Bingham was taken off the ventilator in the recovery room shortly after the operation.
- Both Murphys had left the town hall shortly before noon, turning left off the private road into Mount Street.
- The court heard how drugs officers arrested two men in July last year shortly after they left the Manningham flat.
- It had been spotted by a member of the public after it was set alight and abandoned shortly before midnight on Wednesday.
- Strong military ties between the two countries commenced shortly after.
- Details of these will be made available shortly before the summer launch.
- The man got into the house in North Reddish, Stockport, shortly before 9pm on Friday.
- Witnesses saw the victim chatting to a group of men and asking them for cigarette papers shortly before the accident.
- He was arrested after being wounded during a shoot-out with police shortly after the slaying.
2(briefly)en una palabra
- Householders in the Borris area will receive a letter shortly advising them of the offer.
- The letter shortly, but strictly stated that her previous life and hopes were over.
3(curtly)bruscamentede modo cortantede manera cortante