In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1shoulder-length hair — pelo hasta los hombros masculine
- She had black shoulder-length hair with a heavy fringe, and a round face with bushy eyebrows.
- Her blonde shoulder-length hair was cascading down her back and was pushed back with a black headband.
- The shoulder-length hair was something she had not expected in someone of that generation.
- Her shoulder-length hair is now brown with red highlights, and it is cut softly round her face.
- No doubt people will recall that once it was long, shoulder-length hair that was taboo in the classroom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.