In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It attaches to the back of your upper arm and your shoulder blade.
- One worker was knocked unconscious and sustained head injuries, a broken shoulder blade and a fractured spine.
- The main shoulder joint is formed by the arm bone and the shoulder blade.
- When your upper arm moves, your shoulder blade almost always has a corresponding movement.
- The defense was hurt significantly when Butler was sidelined by a broken shoulder blade in 2001.
- With her right shoulder blade broken in the Monday melee, she is joining the plaintiffs in the ACLU suit.
- The human shoulder blade is a thin triangle of bone with a thick crest along one edge, and a shallow, concave joint surface in one corner.
- Slinging my bag over my shoulder blade I rushed outside only to collide with some moron wearing sun glasses.
- His shoulder blade hit first and forced him to tumble across the track.
- Draw your right shoulder blade upward and back to lift your arm slightly.
- She picked him up by his shirt and slammed him against the window frame, then punched his shoulder blade.
- The team also discovered parts of a thigh bone, ribs, vertebrae, a collarbone, pelvis and shoulder blade.
- As you row, pinch your shoulder blade toward the midline of your body and slightly rotate your torso.
- Think of squeezing your shoulder blade toward your spine at the top, pulling your elbow as high as possible.
- When you move your arm, how does that affect your shoulder blade?
- But because he broke his left shoulder blade in October, his health is a concern.
- Can you reach up past your shoulder blade that way?
- There's an exit wound through your shoulder blade and through your lower back.
- I had no idea that people were reporting I had broken my shoulder blade.
- He let his fingers linger, rubbing at the edge of my shoulder blade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.