In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of garment)tirante masculinebretel masculine Southern Cone
- I also would like something that has a shoulder strap.
- There were no sleeves, only a shoulder strap, and a low back.
- Her shoulder strap fell down and she hastily pulled it back up.
- Jack's right hand slid under the shoulder strap of her bikini top and slowly began to ease the material down.
- For the height of fashion, choose the Botany crimson dress with a single shoulder strap featuring a fake floral corsage with red and purple petals.
- Once that arm is comfortably located and my sleeves are still around my wrist, I switch hands on the loop and insert the other arm upward into the other shoulder strap.
2(of bag)correa feminine
- A shoulder strap and reinforced handles make it easy to carry.
- Andy tightened her grip on the shoulder strap of her duffel bag and tried to keep from speeding up.
- The thing that impressed me most was that it features two little hoops at the top, which enable you to attach the bag to your body with little shoulder straps.
- Instead of a clutch-style purse, select one with a shoulder strap.
- Each camera ships with a a matching bag, wrist strap, shoulder strap and charms also designed by none other than Gwen Stefani.
- He was carrying a dirty, yellow rucksack with black shoulder straps.
- The bag's structure is anatomically designed to mold your body, and the padded shoulder strap is intended to offer maximum comfort and practicality.
- I really want a bag that has both the handles and the extra shoulder strap like this one.
- The shoulder strap makes carrying the PC even easier.
- The handbag is black, with a long shoulder strap and clasps at the front with poppers.
- At the very least you should get a backpack that has wide padded shoulder straps, a padded back and a waist belt.
- Also included is this protective soft case which has a Velcro closing flap and comes with a shoulder strap.
- As you can see, the bag has handle straps as well as a clip on shoulder strap.
- You had to carry it by hand; there was no shoulder strap for it.
- We'll see lots of small leather purses with a comfortable sling shoulder strap, elegantly embossed with two or three initials.
- Select a backpack with well-padded shoulder straps and adjust the straps so the pack fits snugly against your child's back.
- Do buy the best backpack that you can afford, preferably one that has wide padded shoulder straps and at the very least, a waist belt.
- Zipping the bag back up and placing the large shoulder strap across her body she makes her way out of the room.
- The Classic is polyester and boasts an adjustable shoulder strap.
- One thing that makes it really unique is the adjustable shoulder strap.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.