In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1concursos hípicos masculinebefore noun show-jumping tournament — concurso hípico masculine
- One penalty point separated gold medalists Germany from Switzerland in the equestrian team showjumping, while Brazil beat France in a jump-off for the bronze.
- There have been more than 3,000 entries in the equestrian activities, which include showjumping and shire horse events.
- Warren has a great interest in showjumping and just loves sport in general.
- Thousands of horses compete at racetracks and at showjumping, eventing, dressage, carriage driving, long distance riding, pony and leisure events.
- There is a high equestrian element to both islands, largely involving showjumping and dressage and what have you.
- Phillips competes in three-day eventing, which consists of three different tests: dressage, showjumping and a cross-country course.
- Tom junior and Dermot have each won the point-to-point jockey's championship twice. The brothers have considerable experience, too, of showjumping and eventing.
- Many of the Far North Coast's most accomplished riders will be on hand to show off their skills in the disciplines of showjumping, eventing and dressage.
- Riders compete for Olympic medals in three different categories: dressage, showjumping and three-day eventing.
- There are both individual and team showjumping events at the Olympics.
- Typical examples of category 3 events would include horse racing, showjumping, greyhound racing and livestock shows.
- As an equine physiotherapist her world is horses and showjumping, not politics.
- Riders will compete in dressage and showjumping for individuals and team titles.
- Ultimately the therapist's aim is to achieve a supple musculature allowing the horse to work in comfort and balance, whether that be in racing, showjumping, eventing, endurance riding, polo or dressage.
- Three-day eventing includes showjumping, dressage and the cross country section, which is said to have the highest risk factor.
- There's nothing fancy about him, despite being the country's first black person to break into the elite, white-dominated sport of showjumping.
- The ever popular baby show will be held on the second day of the show, while spectators are sure to enjoy the dog agility and pets corner, showjumping and horse and pony sections.
- Ring events are held every day the show is open, with equestrian events such as showjumping and dressage.
- To win the three-day event, rider and horse must excel in three different disciplines - dressage, cross country and showjumping.
- Modern pentathlon, which consists of shooting, fencing, swimming, showjumping and a 3,000m run, was designed for the Games as the test of a complete athlete.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.