In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salón de exposición (y ventas) masculinebefore noun in showroom condition — como nuevo
- The farmhouse showroom also includes changing room facilities so customers can see their whole outfits.
- Sometimes it can take a lot of patience to browse through furniture showrooms.
- This time, larger showrooms and stores arm themselves with more sales persons to manage the huge crowds.
- You can purchase their products in some of Ireland's top stores or from their showrooms at Bert Cross.
- At last our front room has stopped looking like a furniture showroom.
- However, car sales jumped in October with buyers being tempted to the showrooms by zero finance offerings.
- The showrooms have been in the planning stage for the last two years.
- The showroom also has on display some cedar wood carvings which artists have made after a visit to Africa.
- So few newly-weds are buying dining-room suites that they are beginning to clog up furniture showrooms.
- In addition, the glamorised park provides art galleries and handicraft showrooms.
- These showrooms now display a combination of traditional and modern furniture.
- Stephen's wife Samantha looks after the room sets in the showrooms.
- It closed its doors as a cinema in 1975, and has since been used as a furniture showroom and warehouse.
- He progressed to senior showroom assistant at the Twickenham showroom in York Street.
- It looked like one of those furniture showrooms where you're not allowed to sit on the furniture.
- A burglar who targeted car showrooms was trapped by DNA on a screwdriver discovered at one and a footprint at another.
- Shop around and visit showrooms to see what is available - anything from minimalist designs to freestanding units.
- Prices will start from about £10,000 when it arrives in UK showrooms in October or November.
- The company has a modern showroom where a sample range and catalogues are on display.
- Visitors and buyers can have a look at how handicrafts are made in the showrooms as most of them also give demonstrations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.