In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine cierremasculine cortefeminine paralización
- Therefore, any beneficial effect of reactor shutdowns may apply only to the closest downwind counties.
- With a two-week shutdown of the factory due to start on Monday, it is thought workers will use the time to figure out what course of action to take.
- The Confederation of British Industry said dwindling gas reserves could lead to factory shutdowns and power cuts.
- Production at the refinery ceased on September 25, when the routine maintenance shutdown began.
- The breakdown was caused by the automatic shutdown of an overheated transformer.
- It would now become common practice for the plant from now on to undertake an annual shutdown for maintenance.
- It is feared that dwindling gas stocks could lead to factory shutdowns and a return to the three-day week.
- Excluding blackout-related shutdowns at auto plants, factory output has risen for four months in a row.
- He has renovated houses, plus worked on shutdowns at big factory and energy projects.
- I wonder what would be more costly, several one-day terminal shutdowns, or the cleanup from a low-tech radioactive dirty bomb shoved into an unsecured container somewhere along the way?
- US auto companies announced hefty profit losses and temporary plant shutdowns this week.
- I've blogged before about how rural areas can sustain economic growth in the wake of factory shutdowns.
- If the panic gets worse there is a danger of factory shutdowns and worker absenteeism.
- Yet cuts including ward closures, the shutdown of operating theatres and recruitment freezes are still happening across the region.
- Planned temporary shutdowns of Ford assembly plants in August will affect close to 8,000 workers.
- The Post Office announced in April that five sub post offices in the area could close as part of its national programme of urban shutdowns.
- Other plants are scheduled for temporary shutdowns, including the truck assembly plant in Janesville, Wisconsin.
- He predicts that a pandemic would cause widespread shutdowns of factories, transportation and other essential industries.
- I wonder if this sad situation would have been averted if not for all the closures and shutdowns of treatment facilities?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.