In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Flexible container including self-sealing dispensing valve to provide automatic shut-off and leak resistant inverted storage
- Shops and businesses had already been coping with scheduled shut-offs.
- They were already coping with scheduled shut-offs about which they had been notified.
2(valve)válvula de cierre feminineinterruptor masculine
- The filter should be placed on the main water supply line near where it enters the house, at any point past the main shut-off valve for the whole house, but before pipes branch off into multiple directions.
- This provided an excellent opportunity to discuss where the oxygen shut-off valves are located for each of the rooms and how to turn off the valves.
- This includes the valve at the water meter, the shut-off valve to the house and the valves to the water heater.
- Drip-tape connectors come with or without shut-off valves.
- Most of these units offer multiple safety features such as an automatic safety shut-off due to bumping or knocking it over and grills to keep hands away from hot surfaces.
- Break a union close to the valve so water will drain out clear to the shut-off valve.
- The coalition demanded a moratorium on shut-offs; that the contracts with the head of the Detroit Water Department and the consultants running Highland Park be voided, and that water be declared a human right.
- Moving the stalk up or down for less than one second initiates the turn signal activation sequence, and automatic shut-off mode.
- Fully open the water supply shut-off valve to assure that there is adequate water pressure and volume.
- The display features an auto shut-off to save the battery.
- Disregard broken gas shut-off valves and evacuation routes that are blocked with extra supply carts and stretchers.
- Consider valves that are manual on with an automatic shut-off.
- All plumbing fixtures, including toilets, sinks and basins, have shut-off valves located under the fixture against the wall.
- He explained that it was normal procedure for the water supply to be off for up to 36 hours, but added that the company was hoping to introduce a 12 hour shut-off system.
- If you have a hot-water tank in your roof, check your airing cupboard or next to the tank in the roof for the shut-off valves.
- We installed float valves and shut-off valves so I can clean the troughs or drain the system in winter if necessary.
- Purchase portable heaters equipped with automatic shut-off switches and avoid the use of extension cords
- ‘We were very lucky to have found the shut-offs as quickly as we did,’ said Nick Brouwer, section manager of utilities and maintenance for North Vancouver District.
- Some of these models also provide a greater number of programs, automatic shut-off timers and mechanisms that keep noise to a minimum.
- If your home has interior shut-off valves leading to outside faucets, close them and drain water from lines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.