In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It will now hold that focus until you either fully depress the shutter release, or you take your finger off the button.
- Hold the shutter release half way down and walk back and compose the shot without letting the shutter release go.
- Camera absent-mindedly in hand, she accidentally pressed the shutter release.
- With most cameras the correct-focus indicator light will blink rapidly and the shutter release won't fire.
- My heart races and my finger stays glued to the shutter release.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.