In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine hermanofeminine hermanachildren who have younger siblings — los niños que tienen hermanos o hermanas menores
- This pattern is matched by the way in which the siblings of one's parents are named.
- You can tackle your parents, elder siblings or friends for possible placements.
- These games offer an opportunity for the viewers to play them alone or with the help of an older sibling or parent.
- A man came to load it onto the bus as we ran to find Ranwen's parents and siblings.
- You will need help at some point, ask parents, siblings, teachers and friends for support.
- It is also to be borne in mind that the appellant's family comprise his parents and three siblings.
- And the death of a younger sibling is a different thing to the death of a parent.
- My brothers middle name is Paul, the name my missing sibling would have had.
- You may wish for them to observe you as parents or older siblings while they use it.
- He joins his parents and siblings for breakfast, basic roti and pumpkin with a cup of tea.
- I do not know if there were any other siblings or if their parents had any brothers or sisters.
- Alexander had 13 siblings and only one of them survived, a sister who became a doctor.
- It is not uncommon for the sibling of a child with autism to simply feel their parents do not love them as much.
- If you do not have children or parents then siblings or further removed relatives may benefit.
- His elder sister is the biographer Antonia Fraser and four other siblings also write books.
- The emphasis was on caring for the sick brother or sister and often the sibling got left in the shadows.
- Her name was included on that list together with her parents and siblings.
- His brother Craig was also a junior referee and their younger sibling, Neil, won the bronze in his group.
- Is it common for first time sexual experiences to be with a sibling or cousin around the same age?
- Insurers wanted to know more about what our parents died from and our siblings suffered with.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.