In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estilo de natación de costado
- I started on my stomach, but turned to a sidestroke, then a backstroke to get to the island.
- Use sidestrokes and backstrokes to work really hard without having to focus too hard on your breathing.
- Individuals will be required to swim 500 yards using a combination of freestyle, breast and sidestrokes.
- A range of events featuring freestyle, butterfly, sidestroke, backstroke and medley races saw the kids battle for supremacy as to who would be the king and queen of the pool in their age groups and for their swimming club.
- In addition, swimming with sidestrokes or backstrokes can also minimize stress on the back when compared with frontward strokes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.