In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of tire)flanco masculine
- The heavy duty tires on your trucks and trailers have a deep thick sidewall that takes the first impact from the road surface.
- You'll also find other information on the sidewall such as the type and composition of the tire, the maximum cold inflation and maximum load in pounds.
- When I was pulling off the old tires to re-glue them (the last owner said the tires hadn't been glued in around five years), the base tape came off from the tire sidewall in a few places.
- These tire shredders are incapable of shredding tires in excess of size 17 due to the diameter of the wire in the tire sidewall.
- To identify a Kevlar tire, read the writing on the label or sidewall, or ask the salesperson.
- If you only use tyres recommended for your car by major manufacturers, you'll probably never glance at the jumble of letters and numbers on the sidewall, and never need to.
- Despite its lower profile, the design of the new sidewall is more compliant over bumps and impacts, which improves ride comfort while reducing noise and isolating the car from road surface imperfections.
- Do I run the risk of blowing out a sidewall on my rims?
- People want to look at the number written on the sidewall of a tire and pump it to that number.
- It's a loser's game to milk ‘just one more ride’ out of worn brake pads, a frayed cable, or tires with a threadbare tread or bulging sidewall.
- And avoid those tyres - a sidewall popping at just under 980 miles of usage is pretty terrible, in my opinion.
- You will be able to know their date of manufacturing by searching for the three or four-digit number stamped in the tire's sidewall.
- The sidewall removal machine therefore will remove the sidewall thus enabling the shredding of these tires in the tire shredders.
- One procedure called for workers to poke an awl completely through the sidewall of new tires.
- David Murry: ‘Michelin makes a pretty strong sidewall on their tires, I'll say that.’
- Look closely at the cross-section and you'll see a cantilevered ‘corner’ of the tire where the tread and sidewall meet.
- Mark the spot with a marker or crayon and, if necessary, take some measurements from points such as the ridge or sidewall that will help you locate the leak from the outside.
- The tread portion of the tyre is tough, but the side wall of a radial tyre is notoriously weak.
- Aspect ratio is the ratio between the width of the tire and the height of its side wall.
- The coupe's independent suspension is carried over, though the roadster rides on Continental sport contact tires that have a straighter tread and softer sidewall to reduce tire noise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.