In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1to go sightseeing — ir a visitar los lugares de interés
- [as modifier] before noun a sightseeing tour — una excursión por los lugares de interés
- Besides sightseeing, hiking is probably the most popular activity in the canyon.
- On the final day of the trip Mr Higgins enjoyed some sightseeing around the capital of Beijing.
- Both are fans of the opera and ballet and would like to combine a long weekend of sightseeing with some form of entertainment each night.
- After several hours on a bumpy road, you will be rewarded with some of the most spectacular and memorable sightseeing of your trip.
- The tour takes in the shrines of both places and some sightseeing as well.
- And one of the ideas we have to promote tourism in Lucknow is to offer city sightseeing in old classic cars!
- Not everyone wants to spend their entire holiday diving, and we know many of you like to combine underwater sightseeing with a family holiday or a break with friends.
- Take a city bus tour, go sightseeing by tram or head for the water on one of the many boat cruises.
- The top activities were sightseeing, pool lounging and shopping.
- You can easily combine your sport with a winter-sun holiday full of sightseeing and safaris.
- If you are interested in Paris, leave two extra days for sightseeing and shopping.
- The city's core industry is oil, so the downtown area has very little to offer to tourists in terms of sightseeing.
- The lack of tourists made for great sightseeing and some quiet dinners.
- The trip will include a full day's sightseeing in Waterford City, including a guided tour of the Waterford Crystal Factory.
- To really stretch travel food dollars, construct a picnic lunch to take with you on your daytime sightseeing trips.
- All of these hotels leave you well placed for both shopping and sightseeing - two of the activities for which Singapore is rightly well known.
- The package gave us the holiday feeling right to the very end, with another sightseeing tour around the city.
- They can foresee the day when swim-with-dolphin tours are stopped and only sightseeing is allowed.
- The next morning people got early starts on tours, shopping and personal sightseeing.
- Some cruises offer aerial sightseeing, white water rafting, and hikes amongst other things.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.