In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With the influx of day-trippers, sightseers, and casual onlookers, Killala became a bustling tourist center, and the recreation of battle scenes aroused particular fascination.
- And predictions of continued lower tourism dollars could also hurt, as an estimated 20 per cent of restaurant revenues come from wandering sightseers.
- For the sightseers, Cebu's tourist spots are abundant.
- Being dwellers on an island which is frequented by a teeming weekend population of sightseers, they have become very used to the tourists and are quite unafraid.
- The Moon River is just one of the boats which ferries tourists and sightseers up and down the river around the year, but the large cruiser has become more than just a mode of transport.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.