In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1firmante femininesignatario masculine formalsignataria feminine formalthe signatories to the agreement — los signatarios del acuerdo formal
- Australia was a signatory to the original agreement and has taken an active role in negotiations since that time.
- Trade sanctions provide a means of encouraging participation in agreements and penalizing signatories that step out of line.
- Treaty signatories also undertake not to dump or allow other states to dump radioactive materials or wastes in the zone of coverage.
- India has refused to be a signatory to the agreements, calling them discriminatory.
- Wilson was to become a signatory of the Declaration of Independence and one of the finest legal minds in the new Republic.
- Many of the original mesmerists were signatories to the first declarations proclaiming the French revolution in 1789.
- In our programs, an explicit contract is signed, and we are always a signatory.
- The Contract was simple, clear, and its signatories promised to abide by its terms regardless of who controlled Congress.
- Counsel advised that not all of the defendants are signatories to the agreement.
- In return, the 182 non-nuclear armed signatories to the treaty pledged to never acquire nuclear arms.
- Who among the list of signatories will be responsible for implementing your strategy?
- Almost all the signatories to the treaty are going to miss their targets.
- All the signatory countries will have to abide by the rules.
- The signatories committed themselves to taking ‘necessary action’ to aid any member facing attack.
- The agreement also required the signatories to establish a joint team to monitor the pond preservation and recovery program.
- With 141 countries ratified, and another nine as signatories to the treaty, great progress has been made.
- Another key to successful agreements and treaties is the capacity of signatories to meet the terms of the agreement.
- The three countries are signatories to an international treaty to protect refugees and have a duty to live up to it, she said.
- Killing, harming or trading in the animal is illegal worldwide, with more than 160 countries being signatories to the treaty.
- Discussions in London this week could end up with signatories committing themselves to a new measures to ensure that ships entering ports are safe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.