In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(written name)firma femininerúbrica feminine formalto put one's signature to a letter/petition — firmar una carta/una petición
- The cheques required two signatures but she often forged the names of colleagues.
- The analysis concluded that the signature on the document was ‘very similar’ to Chen's.
- Seven per cent confessed to assuming another person's identity through forging their signature on letters or cheques.
- We also went back to the 1600s to find signatures on letters written by Cassini and Christian Huygens.
- A petition is nothing more than a list of names, addresses and signatures with your cause written at the top of each page.
- So popular he is that people, young and old, rush in a stampede to collect a baseball hat bearing his name and signatures of his trainer and jockey.
- To obtain voter credentials (in Mexico), the citizen must present a photo, write a signature and give a thumbprint.
- It may be concluded that the signature of a painter is the key to determine whether his painting is original or not.
- The group began with the signed letter of September 5 with more than 800 signatures and verified the names and identification.
- Frank starts out small, forging signatures and cheques and soon moves into a rather successful succession of fake identities and fraudulent cheques.
- This decision was given the legal sanction in a rather drab ritual at the marriage registrar's office, with a few friends to witness and append their signatures on the documents as required.
- The pen is used mostly to write signatures, while picking up the Chinese brush, which is difficult and inconvenient to use, is rarer still.
- Six years later, his name appeared as the second of 25 signatures on a document requesting the incorporation of Richmond.
- When he asked to see the cashed cheque, the signature bore no resemblance to his own.
- Were the legislature of the view that a reliable document bearing the signature of its author would be sufficient to operate as a testamentary instrument, it could have so legislated.
- His signature was written nicely at the end of the letter, and I could actually understand what the words meant.
- Although he accepted the signature was on the cheque, he maintains he must have signed it with no knowledge of its true purpose.
- While most signatures were written in longhand, some names were neatly handprinted on blocks.
- His was one of two required signatures on the cheque.
- Because of his poor sight, and the fact that he has had a stroke, he has difficulty in writing his signature so I hold a power of attorney to deal with his affairs.
2US(on prescription)indicaciones para el paciente feminine
- If famotidine is used for reasons other than the two criteria described below, the attending physician will also need to provide a signature and an explanation for the use of famotidine.
(binding guide)signatura feminine
- The signature ensured that a large sheet of paper printed on a press could be folded, gathered, bound, and cut with the leaves in the proper order.
- To make the inside signatures fold copy paper in half the long way.
- This format once was regarded as forgivable, back when illustrations were printed in separate signatures on better paper, which these are not.
- I spilled a whole pot of glue on a stack of signatures, spoiling the pages.
- When I'm satisfied with my compositions, I begin adhering the pockets and card stock pages to the card stock signatures.
- After sewing the signatures to your end papers, attach to the game book by gluing the whole piece down.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.