- The Texans are considering veteran free-agent quarterbacks to play until Carr is ready, and the team is making it clear to prospective signees that the job does not come with long-term starting guarantees.
- Free-agent signees Trotter and Armstead join Arrington, giving the Redskins what could be the best linebacking corps in football.
- Of coach Tommy Amaker's four signees, three rank among the nation's top 40 players.
- DeMoss essentially recruited an entire team with a signee at each position.
- Some of the Jaguars' best players, such as right offensive tackle Leon Searcy and receiver Keenan McCardell, have been free-agent signees.