In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Texans are considering veteran free-agent quarterbacks to play until Carr is ready, and the team is making it clear to prospective signees that the job does not come with long-term starting guarantees.
- Free-agent signees Trotter and Armstead join Arrington, giving the Redskins what could be the best linebacking corps in football.
- Of coach Tommy Amaker's four signees, three rank among the nation's top 40 players.
- DeMoss essentially recruited an entire team with a signee at each position.
- Some of the Jaguars' best players, such as right offensive tackle Leon Searcy and receiver Keenan McCardell, have been free-agent signees.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.