In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1importancia femininetrascendencia femininerelevancia feminineto attach significance to sth — darle importancia a algo
- it's of no significance — no tiene ninguna importancia
- The work was incomplete at the time of his death but it is still a work of the greatest significance in the theory of probability.
- The significance of this idea for the development of science from the first beginnings to the present day has been immense.
- But he fails to articulate a clear position on any issue of major public significance.
- Since its inception, radio has had a particular symbolic significance attached to it.
- This could help the country promote its own agenda on issues of significance on the world stage.
- They were no doubt too busy but ill-advised as to the proper significance of such a distinguished visitor.
- It is the breadth and the quality of Kelvingrove's hoard that gives the museum international significance.
- Mr Jordan said it was important electors appreciate the significance of the new arrangements.
- Electoral reform is not an issue of significance to the wider electorate.
- Despite speculation to the contrary, the compensation issue is of limited significance.
- All committal hearings are proceedings of significance and importance.
- Further evaluation is needed to be able to assess the biological significance of these findings.
- Mr Suzuki said the coup issue has special significance for the union movement.
- We now come to the importance and significance of science in human affairs.
- In many cultures, water is not just a necessity of life, it has a deep spiritual significance, too.
- The significance of these results is discussed in terms of models for replication restart.
- "This is arguably the most important building in terms of Heritage significance in the main street of Alstonville.
- Because of its representative nature the Memorial should be recognized as a site of national heritage significance.
- The significance of the imports is that those books are priced much lower.
- Nevertheless, it is an important precedent with wider significance in environmental law.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.