In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1importancia femininetrascendencia femininerelevancia feminineto attach significance to sth — darle importancia a algo
- it's of no significance — no tiene ninguna importancia
- Mr Suzuki said the coup issue has special significance for the union movement.
- Because of its representative nature the Memorial should be recognized as a site of national heritage significance.
- It is the breadth and the quality of Kelvingrove's hoard that gives the museum international significance.
- This could help the country promote its own agenda on issues of significance on the world stage.
- Since its inception, radio has had a particular symbolic significance attached to it.
- The significance of this idea for the development of science from the first beginnings to the present day has been immense.
- Despite speculation to the contrary, the compensation issue is of limited significance.
- The significance of the imports is that those books are priced much lower.
- But he fails to articulate a clear position on any issue of major public significance.
- The work was incomplete at the time of his death but it is still a work of the greatest significance in the theory of probability.
- We now come to the importance and significance of science in human affairs.
- The significance of these results is discussed in terms of models for replication restart.
- Electoral reform is not an issue of significance to the wider electorate.
- They were no doubt too busy but ill-advised as to the proper significance of such a distinguished visitor.
- All committal hearings are proceedings of significance and importance.
- In many cultures, water is not just a necessity of life, it has a deep spiritual significance, too.
- Further evaluation is needed to be able to assess the biological significance of these findings.
- "This is arguably the most important building in terms of Heritage significance in the main street of Alstonville.
- Mr Jordan said it was important electors appreciate the significance of the new arrangements.
- Nevertheless, it is an important precedent with wider significance in environmental law.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.