In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(considerably, notably)(improve/increase/change) considerablemente(change/increase/improve) apreciablementethey're significantly different — hay una diferencia apreciable entre ellos
- Enemy casualties, I think, are significantly higher than I expected.
- Stained or dirty beans are subject to being downgraded to feed quality, significantly reducing the value of the crop.
- Instead, we argue for the neutrality of nature, which is significantly different.
- The inclusion of a permanent, central building increased costs significantly.
- However, they did not change significantly from pre - to postexposure under either placebo or vitamin conditions.
- Ohnishi's results were radically different, with a significantly larger estimated value of 0.49.
- The Academy has changed significantly in the past 40 years.
- Advanced optical coatings are designed for near total reflection over a pre-defined spectral region, offering the potential to significantly improve system throughput.
- Private users are switching to take advantage of significantly higher transfer rates.
- Thirteen of 42 patients had to be admitted; the hospitalization rate did not differ significantly between the two groups.
- The self-evaluation intervention did result in significantly increased rates of teacher praise from the pretreatment to treatment phase.
- Whenever the first hint of winter's chill is in the air, the hazards of carbon monoxide exposure increase significantly.
- Apart from the failure of the rover's front-wheel steering, which had not significantly impaired the planned activity, everything had gone well.
- Walkers have managed to build their market share significantly.
- Scores in all measures improved significantly with sildenafil therapy.
- Peregrine falcons are heavy, compact birds with the female being significantly larger than the male.
- Conversely, drug court participants are significantly more likely than diversion participants to be arrested during the follow-up period.
- Compared to a constant temperature simulation, the folded state was accessible within a significantly shorter simulation time.
- The mammographic findings are not significantly different from the overall group.
- At the same time, the visceral fat calculated from the CT image passing the umbilical region was also significantly reduced.
2(meaningfully)he glanced significantly at her — le lanzó una mirada expresiva / elocuente
- sentence adverb significantly, they obtained the highest score — obtuvieron la puntuación más alta, lo cual es significativo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.