1(on gun)silenciador masculine
- The gun probably had a silencer, as only blunt noises were heard.
- He opened fire, the silencers muffling the gunfire to a small puff noise.
- In a routine check the customs officers found in his bag a Kalashnikov machine gun, two pistols with silencers, ammunition and a large number of special pens, which fire bullets.
- I hold the long metal cylinder in my left hand, my right clenched around the grip of the pistol and twist the silencer into place.
- They were also charged with conspiracy to possess firearms with intent to endanger life, and possession of handguns, silencers and a machine gun.
2British(on car)silenciador masculinemofle masculine Mexico Central America
- In the future, as noise pollution regulations become even stricter, we may see exhaust systems that use active noise-cancelling silencers.
- One day between Collooney and Ballisodare, a driver of McGowan's lost the exhaust silencer from the engine in a flood.
- Its twin chamber exhaust system is made of stainless steel all the way to the silencers, before exhaust emissions leave the car through the four tailpipes.
- On Tuesday, the traffic police and the Transport Department plan to conduct joint inspection of vehicles that emit excess smoke, produce more noise and have defective silencers, headlamps and tail lamps.
- Besides all the traditional ways to cut noise including hard and soft foam, dash panel silencers and rear wheel-house sandwich panel, Toyota developed two new ways to help reduce noise inside the car.