In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1medalla de plata feminine
- Zarina Gizkova won the silver medal on the hoop and Vera Sesina took the bronze on the rope.
- In the event finals, she won the silver medal on uneven bars and the bronze medal on vault.
- Spain won the silver medal, while the USA pipped the Netherlands for bronze.
- This earned the Horsforth athlete the silver medal with only five centimetres separating him from the winner.
- In December 1992, aged 15, she won a silver medal at a dance competition in Finland.
- Brazil also guaranteed themselves at least a silver medal in the men's event.
- Rachel received a silver medal for second in Munster and swam very well in Dublin.
- A silver medal in the senior competition was, however, a major triumph for the young fighter.
- Nadeem Siddique hopes to see Khan, who scooped a silver medal at Athens, and his family at ringside.
- The speed and difficulty of their program saw them get awarded with the silver medal.
- They are all in the bottom half of the draw, which means at least the silver medal will go to a non-seeded player.
- For Garcia it was a second silver medal at the World Championships.
- New Zealand took the silver medal in Malaysia and have sent a strong squad.
- Anthony Ricketts is a 23 year-old who won a silver medal at the Commonwealth Games in Manchester.
- He was also awarded a silver medal for services to international sport by The Brazilian Sports Confederation.
- At an awards ceremony on November 3 he will be given a silver medal and a cash award for his achievement.
- What do you do after you've won a team silver medal in a competition open to an entire continent?
- In the end, the team just about managed to hang on to the silver medal.
- There was heartbreak for Chris Newton, who helped GB to qualify for the final, as he missed out on a silver medal.
- She is world champion and collected a silver medal in Manchester 12 months ago.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.