In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Christogram also appears on items of silver plate, spoons being particularly graced with such symbols, a fact that has been interpreted as evidence of widespread baptism among the upper classes.
- For unclear reasons there was neither motivation by American flatware manufacturers to transfer the style from silver plate into stainless steel nor demand by consumers for them to do so.
- At the top of the stairs rested her throne, wrought of the finest ivory and decorated with gold and silver plate.
- They carry a jug and bowl of silver plate, luxury objects of great costliness in ancient Rome, either as a gift for Agrippa or perhaps, as Ebers suggests, to pour a libation before him as if he were a god.
- For example, the thickness of the silver plate that is deposited electrochemically on a spoon is greater if the electrical current is allowed to flow longer.
- Valuable furnishings, books, pictures, silver plate, rare china were destroyed in the blaze.
- His men entered dwellings, taking everything of value that could be moved, such as silver plate and jewelry.
- Cahill's 20-year criminal career is believed to have netted him more than €40m, and Gardai believe some gold bullion and silver plate still lies buried in the Dublin mountains.
- At this point, he traded with local Inuit for officers' silver plate, the treasured medal making Franklin a Knight Commander of the Royal Hanoverian Guelphic Order, and other relics.
- Millions of pounds worth of gold and silver plate was lost.
- The finds from the Shaft Graves at Mycenae contained massive quantities of gold and silver plate, including the gold death mask of Agamemnon.
- It also means having to repress the vision of oneself staring back that appears in the mirrored surface of the silver plate.
- He photographed the silver plate, pulled his hands away and put it back in the safe.
- The restoration work on the castle is progressing and he is now calling on her to return the silver plate to its rightful home.
objetos plateados o con baño de plata
1dar(le) un baño de plata aplatear
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.