In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1internauta maduro femininesurfeador maduro masculinesurfeadora madura feminine
- Conversely he is very careful where he goes and what he does online, as is the way perhaps of silver surfers.
- Thank you for your newsletter, as it helps a ' silver surfer ' like me to get by with the day-to-day computing tasks.
- He is one of the silver surfers taking part in a new computer course at Margaret Ward Court on Wellfield Street.
- This rise in silver surfers mirrors a similar increase in the UK.
- Despite the emergence of silver surfers - pensioners who spend time online - there are still two in every five households which do not have the internet.
- The internet is now dominated by silver surfers who spend more time online than any other group, according to a comprehensive study by the communications watchdog.
- Heather Hopkins, of Hitwise, said: "It's phenomenal how quickly silver surfers have increased in numbers."
- From offensive road signs to bad jokes about silver surfers, age discrimination is one of the besetting problems of our times
- The current generation of "silver surfers" spends an average of six hours online each week, research by the insurance company AXA found.
- Another 19 percent are what he called "silver surfers," elderly passengers who want to visit family and friends and often travel during nonpeak periods.
- Now a confirmed silver surfer, Mr Leng admitted he does sometimes have trouble with attachments.
- His efforts are the result of close co-operation with a trio of silver surfers who read each chapter as it was written to see if they could keep up.
- We don't like being portrayed officially as dodderers with sticks and bent backs who are a menace on the roads and we object to patronising jokes about silver surfers.
- Could this silver surfer of the cyberspaceways be an RSS man-mountain?
- Grandmother Margaret Haugh has become a "silver surfer" - to watch a yacht sail the wrong way around the world.
- They tend to outnumber the ' silver surfers ' by quite a lot.
- I hope this may encourage any other "silver surfers" to experiment.
- It has also attracted a number of "silver surfers" - people over the age of 50 developing new skills by learning online.
- Grey-haired internet users - known as silver surfers - will become the dominant group using the worldwide web by the end of the year, according to online analysts Hitwise.
- Search engines, shopping and pornography are the three most common websites that are visited by silver surfers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.