In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was lame, it was dumb, and it was simplistic, but we loved it if only because it was something that we were doing with a friend.
- Thus, in the same week, he can offer two stunningly simplistic views of social complexity.
- That is not a threat; it is the reality of treating a complex issue in a very simplistic way.
- The research is an attempt to move away from simplistic polarisation and address the more complex issues.
- It raises these issues in a dramatic and involving way without ever becoming simplistic and is well worth seeing.
- I know that sounds simplistic, but it's hard to describe in more complex terms!
- For, even by his simplistic hypothesis, it is difficult to tell in which half Floyd lies.
- He treated us as children, he told us a simplistic fairy story laced with cheap flattery.
- I know that naive and simplistic but I just feel that while these trees and plants are nice they are out of context.
- Yet it would appear even that even this explanation is too simplistic.
- I know it is simplistic, but I wish everyone, everywhere, could live harmoniously.
- It is simplistic to treat strategic choice just as the logical comparison of strategic options.
- Drug misuse is too complex a problem to be solved with a simplistic, zero tolerance approach.
- Quantum mechanics contradicts the notion of real only if one takes a naive, simplistic view of reality.
- It's an overly simplistic label, one that has stopped us wanting to open up her box and see what's really inside.
- He believes that this simplistic art form came into being only to develop the aesthetic sense.
- Admittedly, this is a simplistic analogy, but it captures the essence of the issue.
- This is probably a simplistic take on the importance of the issue by both parties.
- There is a lot of paradoxes, and a simplistic judgment can be very badly wrong.
- Perhaps I am being a tad simplistic here, obviously there's the issue of passive smoking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.