In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) pecador(act) pecaminoso
- Or it may come as we face the battle against fallen, sinful desires within our own hearts.
- It is the difference between the authority of the inspired, inerrant Word of God and that of unbelieving, sinful man.
- The Talmud thus teaches us that corruption is not only wrong and sinful, but actually unnatural.
- We are dealing not with angelic beings but with fallen, sinful human nature.
- The scale indicates the degree to which respondents feel that the world and the people in it are evil or sinful.
- Faraday had been brought up to believe that people, though capable of many good things, are basically corrupt and sinful.
- The City of Man is a world of profound imperfection, peopled by fallen, sinful beings who can only hope for ultimate citizenship in the City of God through an earthly life of piety.
- Whenever God manifests himself to sinful man through the Holy Spirit, it means condemnation for the flesh.
- Because of the corruption of human reason, which took place in the Fall, humanity has a tendency, not merely to err, but to make wicked, sinful choices.
- Instead of the hymns of the Vedas to Brahma, embrace the righteous conduct of Dharma, and renounce sinful actions.
- Certainly, the real reason man lives wickedly or violently is his corrupt sinful nature.
- Do not quench it by foolish unbelief and sinful defiance of our loving Saviour.
- Their views are the result of a fallen and sinful human nature, of rampant egotism and arrogance, and nothing more.
- Galatians 6:7-8 tells us that in time we shall reap corruption from our sinful habits.
- Leading another person into a sinful action is wrong and also sinful.
- Once Adam disobeyed God, however, we became a fallen and sinful race living in a cursed world.
- I am not saying we are more sinful or more evil than previous generations, but that we are more modern.
- But we live in a fallen, sinful world in which sin invades family units as it does all other aspects of society.
- We may believe that His saving work is so effective that there is no sin that cannot be forgiven and no sinner too sinful to be cleansed.
- Thus Ash Wednesday helps worshiping believers confront our sinful nature as we recall our mortality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.