In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cantante masculinehe's not a bad singer — no canta mal
- a pop/an opera singer — un cantante pop/de ópera
- There have been a lot of talented singers on the program over the last two seasons.
- For the singers, filming a TV opera presents its own particular set of challenges.
- It was performed by an orchestra accompanied by four solo singers and a chorus of 50 singers.
- Back in Bulgaria, Elena had been a pop singer, performing in bars and cabaret clubs.
- The singers sang mostly accurately and musically with a good feel for the style.
- The concert in the evening included ballad singers, mandolin and banjo players.
- In the end Mel lost out rather spectacularly to the two other, much less known, female singers.
- The singers will be joined by a scaled-down ensemble of professional musicians.
- We thank all the singers who participated in all the heats and those who got through to the final.
- Josquin was a singer by profession, and virtually all his music is vocal in conception.
- Instrumental performers do not make eye contact with the audience, although singers may.
- Aspiring pop singers from a Keighley school will perform in front of shoppers tomorrow.
- All musicians and singers are welcome are welcome to join in on what is going to be a night to remember.
- The most prized status symbol of movie actors and pop singers today is their own restaurant.
- There is scope for variety as new singers are also making an impact in the industry.
- Had he not made a career from mathematics he could well have made his profession as an opera singer.
- She was also a gifted singer and could sing French opera arias in perfect pitch.
- Does she really think singers can sing in a concert without looking at the music?
- Brenda is a fantastic singer, but not really a pop star, and Maria is nice but a little bit bland.
- We chatted some more and established that we were both opera fans, not just of nice singers who sing nice songs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.