In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(jacket/coat) de una fila de botones(coat/jacket) derecho Latin America
- The single-breasted jacket with notch lapels is the most popular and classic style.
- It combines fitted flat-front trousers with a three-button single-breasted jacket that features a notched collar, two front flap pockets, one chest welt pocket, and a vented rear center seam.
- Instead, opt for a nicely fitted single-breasted blazer, preferably one that can be buttoned all the way up.
- The knee length single-breasted coat in black & white check can be teamed with a pencil skirt for pure winter warmth.
- A single-breasted overcoat closes with a narrow overlap and fastens down in front with a single row of buttons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.