In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1decididoresueltohis single-minded devotion to duty — su inquebrantable devoción al deber
- her single-minded pursuit of fame — la determinación con que buscaba la fama
- The single-minded pursuit of economic growth can exact a heavy toll on a community.
- She is a woman who is single-minded, forceful and uncompromising.
- He claims that he has never been so focused, single-minded and dedicated.
- Their single-minded determination makes me realise I'll never make a movie myself.
- Those who know him say he is professional, single-minded, and extremely determined.
- His selfishness and single-minded pursuit ‘to be someone’ has left casualties along the way.
- Nor is he suffering solely from his single-minded pursuit of Social Security reform.
- Miller's Batman is full of the fire of youth: single-minded, without becoming obsessive, exactly.
- How do you turn single-minded determination into team ethos?
- He is one of the most single-minded and obsessive sportsmen in the world, utterly intent upon relentless success.
- Each side accused the other of stubborn, single-minded, almost childish behavior.
- But if they are single-minded in pursuit of victory, Edinburgh will be crushed.
- It was a single-minded dedication taking every opportunity to win.
- Once a field of interest has been chosen, dedication and single-minded pursuit of excellence is boundless.
- I doubt, however, whether single-minded dedication is the best means of judging a successful leader.
- With single-minded purpose, he hitch-hikes slowly down the African continent.
- They have a fixed purpose in life, and go for it with single-minded determination.
- His view is that without a single-minded purpose, Scotland will remain bogged down in stale arguments that will hold the country back.
- I have always been determined and single-minded, but you can never get complacent in this industry.
- Julien approaches life and love like the video game hero, with determination and a single-minded pursuit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.