In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1moneda única europea feminine
- Professor Robert Mundell, a Canadian economist famous for his work on single currencies, has long maintained that a currency union needs a high degree of political union to work successfully.
- Colin also says ‘single currencies’ only work where there is ‘free movement of labour.’
- How irrevocable is a single currency if members have sovereign parliaments and can leave?
- An equally important, albeit contested, factor is the link between the single market and a single currency.
- Tukur thinks the African economy will do better under a single currency.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.